I have two friends that I wanted to make something for a little Christmas gift.  So I decided on snowmen.  I love snowmen, so that makes it a fun knit for me to and I have knit so many that I just knitted these and made them up as I went.  I like to make them so no two are the same.  I used Caron Simply soft for their bodies and DK King Cole yarn for hats and scarves.  The nose is made from Knit Picks Palette yarn, fingering weight.


The nose I made figure out my own pattern to.  I have knit noses and they come out bulky, not all but most.  I have searched for buttons for noses to and they are expensive or not readily available.  So I cast on 6 stitches with size US 0 needle and Knit picks, fingering weight palette yarn.  Knit 4 rows and then k2tog at beginning and end of row.  Knit another 4 rows and then I determine if it is about the right length and add another row or start final decrease.  I then do 2 k2tog and then you should have 2 stitches.  I knit each again and pass one over the other.  Leave a tail as you pull your yarn through that last stitch.  Then sew up the edge and you will have enough tail left to sew on.  Makes great noses, with very little yarn.
~Julie

0 comments:

Follow Me

JoolieSews Facebook JoolieSews Etsy Julies Pinterest Contact Me

JoolieSews on FaceBook

JoolieSews on FaceBook
Come Join the Group

Followers

Subscribe via email



SVG Cuts

I love their files and tutorials.

Visitor Counter