I finished up some knitting.  First I want to tell you about the yarn.  I purchased bare yarn from Knit Picks and then my oldest daughter and I spent a few hours dying some yarn.  She tried out my acid dyes I purchased from knit picks.  I gave Kool-aid dying a try.  Lots of fun.  The yarn in both projects is one of the two I did.  This one I used black cherry for the deepest red.  Pink Lemonade for the light pink.  And the blue or aqua came from raspberry twist.  You can adjust the darkness in the color by how many packages of Kool-aid you use.  There are several tutorials on You Tube.  There is also a group at Ravelry for Kool-aid dying.  It also smells good!
Okay the top pattern is called Ruby from Retro Lemon Designs or Jenna Krupar.  I do like this pattern.  It was an exclusive with a hand dyed yarn monster club.  It is a simple knit and very cute.
Below is Baldwin by Rebecca Danger.  From the book The Big Book of Knitted monsters.  It is a terrific book for everyone, even beginners.  In some ways I would say especially for beginners.  You will use knitting in the round, magic needle method, which is explained in the beginning of the book.  She also combines little techniques you use in knitting and teaches them in a very simple way.  Great book, defiantly 5 stars.
~Julie

0 comments:

Follow Me

JoolieSews Facebook JoolieSews Etsy Julies Pinterest Contact Me

JoolieSews on FaceBook

JoolieSews on FaceBook
Come Join the Group

Followers

Subscribe via email



SVG Cuts

I love their files and tutorials.

Visitor Counter