I have been busy

I have been busy.  Above is a dishcloth that I knitted.  I am in a group on Ravelry of very nice ladies.  We chat, share kind things, support each other.  There is some very experienced knitters in the group.  I know if I have a question on knitting one of them if not all of them will post something to help.  Really great group of girls.  One of the ladies gifted me a pattern for this washcloth.  It is Sweetheart Washcloth by Susan B Anderson.  It was a quick knit, done all in garter stitch.  It even looks great without the outside edging.  So I made it up right away because it is close to Valentines.  I have been gift other patterns I am hoping to start on in February.  I will show you them and tell you about them as I get them done.

This is a pattern by Retro lemon called Molly the traveling turtle  it is a simple turtle to knit.  In the Ravelry group Retro Lemon, they are having a contest this month.  She would like you to knit the turtle, tell a little story.  At the end of January, they will pick one and that person will win some yarn and a bag.  I don't mind if I don't win.  I looked at it as a way to get me to knit a pattern I had seen and had ideas about.  So first I knit the turtle in the picture below.  The pattern didn't have the shell edging, I had that idea myself from a turtle I used to doodle (draw).  I named her Miss Lady Lavender.  This was a requirement to name her and then to tell about her.  I said how she likes to get into my craft room and get into the yarn and crawl on my sewing machine.  Then I made the smaller version with beads.  This is Miss Lady Lavender's little sister Sparkle Lavender.  She loves beads because they sparkle.  She is also made from a yarn that sparkles.  I have another idea, but not sure I will have time to get it done.  We will see.


I also have been making Valentines for a knitting group.  I also made some more tiny bunnies to go with them.  I must say I am in a mood to take a break from knitting them.  I am up to 97 I have knit.  I had so much fun making the cards above.  I cut the critters on my cricut and the scallop edge hearts and the plain hearts on my Bosskut Gazelle.  I plan on having a post about the machines later.  I know there has been a couple of people asking me about the paper cutting machines.  I am not an expert, but thought I would write a post or two about them, so if you decide you want to purchase one you will know about the ones I can tell you about.  They are a lot of fun.  there are machines of many price ranges, so everyone could do it.  The Valentine's made me wish I was doing this when my kids were little and I could be making them for them.  Oh well.

~Julie

1 comment:

  1. What a creative soul you are! Everything is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

JoolieSews Facebook JoolieSews Etsy Julies Pinterest Contact Me

JoolieSews on FaceBook

JoolieSews on FaceBook
Come Join the Group

Followers

Subscribe via email



SVG Cuts

I love their files and tutorials.

Visitor Counter