Helping dolls in Need

I really enjoy several things, one of which is dolls. I found the challenge of taking a doll in need and helping her come back to her beauty is fun. I have found dolls on ebay that have problems and sell cheap, then trying to fix them up. I have done several American Girl dolls- Bitty Baby and Bitty twins. I have read as much as I can for each problem each doll has. I decided to share so maybe someone else would like to do one of their own. Maybe you would like to add to your collection, but don't have the money to buy new. I just purchased a Corolle 2001 doll called Les Cheries.  I purchased her for (6.99 for doll and 8.99 shipping) 15.98 and that includes shipping.  Now once you see all that is wrong with her you may feel it is to much.

Her hair is a mess, some real tangles.  You can't see it very well from the pictures, but when the eyes are closed someone has scratched some of the skin color of the eye lids.


Above there is ink by the top arrow, something red by the second and a black spot by the 3rd arrow.
Below there is a red spot.



Another black spot above and below a pen mark.  There is a lot of little dots and some dirt.  Anyone who has had a vinyl doll knows just how hard it is to get ink and black marks, spots, stains out. I am not an expert, but am going to share somethings that I have learned. 

The very first thing to do is wash hair.  I like to use warm water a dimes worth of shampoo and wash, then add a tiny bit of conditioner after rinsing out the shampoo.  Then rinse conditioner.

Next I take a paper towel and a tad bit of soap and wash the doll all over except hair.  Then you will find out how much is left to deal with.

I am going to post the next part of this tomorrow, so stop back.





0 comments:

Follow Me

JoolieSews Facebook JoolieSews Etsy Julies Pinterest Contact Me

JoolieSews on FaceBook

JoolieSews on FaceBook
Come Join the Group

Followers

Subscribe via email



SVG Cuts

I love their files and tutorials.

Visitor Counter