New Paper Crafting Gadget

New Addition to my paper crafting tool Family. I first had a peek these were coming out by an email from http://www.ohmycrafts.com/ . They were taking pre-orders. Well, I just love bags and I was looking for something I could easily emboss paper for my card making. I didn't want to get out my Epic 6 every time I wanted to emboss something. I will talk about and review the epic 6 in another post. This seemed like the answer for me. It is smaller than the cuttlebug and much lighter. This is from Sizzix. It works perfect. I just love it! It doesn't take up much room and looks very cute sitting in my craft room. Well, I also love the color pink and this only comes in the one color. That seemed to be the only draw back.







So I got brave after seeing that people on the Internet were painting many of their craft items their favorite color. I purchased a pink paint for plastic (Krylon). It was way to light pink and didn't have a different shade available, but of course they had the perfect bubble gum pink color in the regular spray paint. My hubby told me if I coated what ever it was I wanted to paint with the plastic paint, that regular spray paint would adhere to the plastic paint. So I used painters tape and took the time to carefully tape up the bottom and all the black area of the purse that is the purse handle and flap. I took off the handle on the side and taped the opening. Last part I taped is the front and back openings. I didn't want to get paint in there and on the rollers. I sprayed 2 coats of the plastic paint, making sure all parts were covered. Then I did two coats of the regular spray paint. Oh the regular spray paint is a gloss. It did give it a shine. I love it!!! Such a pretty pink. It is not as smooth as the plastic is originally, but it isn't bad. I don't feel those areas anyhow, it is so it looks pretty and that it does.



Yes, you can see the turquoise blue in the opening where you run your pads and embossing folders through, but that is just fine with me. These are $23.99 at Oh My Crafts and they have emails that you can get percentages off and sometimes they have free shipping offers. I had gotten 10% off. You may be able to find them somewhere else for less. I just have had very good customer service through Oh My Crafts.

Don't tell 2 of my daughters, but they are getting these for Christmas. As soon as school starts I am painting them their favorite colors!

I rate this as a great buy for embossing your papers and cute as can be.

~Julie




0 comments:

Follow Me

JoolieSews Facebook JoolieSews Etsy Julies Pinterest Contact Me

JoolieSews on FaceBook

JoolieSews on FaceBook
Come Join the Group

Followers

Subscribe via email



SVG Cuts

I love their files and tutorials.

Visitor Counter