What am I listening to?

I wanted to share what I am listening to via audio books. I do believe I will make it a weekly addition of "What I am listening To". Maybe you will find a new book or author you may want to check out.


I enjoy listening to books because I don't have the time to sit and read all the books I am interested in. Listening to books allows me to enjoy so many more books then I ever had time to read. I can enjoy my books while I am sewing, knitting, cleaning the house, on the road and just about everywhere. When I have a really good book I opt to watch no TV, until that book is done. I have a MP3 player that I load my books on from my computer. So when exercising, I use my ear buds and that makes the hour pass quickly. Most of the rest of the time I have this cute little speaker my MP3 player plugs into and that makes it very convenient and portable.

I am currently enjoying a book called "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon. I had heard from several people that this is a great book, but if you look at the size of the book, Wow! Although, I find this very appealing as a book to listen to. This is a 32 hrs and 42 min. long. That is great! This wonderful book was published in 1991, so it has been out for sometime. It has been on the New York Times bestsellers list. I have found that a narrator can make or break a book. Davina Porter does a perfect job reading this book. This is a book set in 1945 and the main character Claire Randall travels back in time to 1743. She finds herself in many dangers and a new romance. Her adventure pulls you in and wants you to find out what will happen in her life next. Will she find happiness in 1743? Or will she find her way back to 1945?

My Opinion: I have been enjoying this adventure whole heatedly.
~Julie

0 comments:

Follow Me

JoolieSews Facebook JoolieSews Etsy Julies Pinterest Contact Me

JoolieSews on FaceBook

JoolieSews on FaceBook
Come Join the Group

Followers

Subscribe via email



SVG Cuts

I love their files and tutorials.

Visitor Counter