OOps I missed Audiobook Monday

Good day everyone!
Oops I missed posting yesterday.  I just finished book 7 in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  It was called "Echo in the bone".  It has ended in a way that you know there will be another book.  All these books were a wonderful listen.  I am sure I will be listening to the whole series again.  It is calming, there is always something going on, a mystery, adventure, romance.  What is really neat is it in compases the past and wars and other big events and the history in the book is real.  Not made up.

I have went on and listened to a book just released by Charlaine Harris.  She is the lady who wrote the Sookie Stackhouse series.  HBO has made a series based off her books called "True Blood".  Although I really have enjoyed the books, I watched one episode of the series and I don't like it at all.  That is just me, I know so many who do enjoy the series.  I think it is to sexual.  More time is spent on that then the story line.  After you read the bookswith a focus on a mystery that Sookie ends up solving in her cute Southern way.  There is vampires, shapeshifters, and warewolves in these books.  So if you are not into that these books would not be for you.  I was very excited to see she had a new book, but a little disappointed to find out that it is like short little stories filling in little spots in previous mysteries.  Although it was still a very good listen, I was hoping for a new book.  If you haven't heard or read any of The Sookie Stakhouse Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris, check them out.  I have really enjoyed them and have listened to all of them a few times.
~Julie

0 comments:

Follow Me

JoolieSews Facebook JoolieSews Etsy Julies Pinterest Contact Me

JoolieSews on FaceBook

JoolieSews on FaceBook
Come Join the Group

Followers

Subscribe via email



SVG Cuts

I love their files and tutorials.

Visitor Counter