My simple cupcake card

This is a Simple cupcake card.  Now I am still learning and very new to card making.  I know the more I do the more I will learn.  So bear in mind that as I take this journey I will learn and share with you.  Many thing you might already know and maybe there will be something that you wont.  My plan is to give a helping hand as I learn.  This was a card that I had that I didn't care for the front.  I must say it is also one of those cards you get a pack of in the dollar bin at Michael's.  So I found a piece a paper and used my ATG gun and stuck the paper to the front.  I used a cricut cutout from "Celebrations" cartridge and cut the candle off.  Basicly you can see what has been added.  When I look at it now I can see I should have added more color to the brown part of the cupcake to give it a little more demension.  Then on to the inside where I stamped with a rubber stamp.  I couldn't believe how the ink expanded and distored my words.  I think this must be due to the cheapness of the card.  on the back to add my little stamp, I used another piece of paper so the ink would not expand.
Okay then I have saved the clear plastic sheet you get on anything anymore.  For instance, the come on the clear rubber stamp packages.  They are clear and have a flap with adhesive on it.  You probably open the package and throw this plastic away.  It comes on many crafting items you purchase.  I save mine to keep my cards in.  They don't get dirty and the pieces I glue on don't get caught on other things in my card box.
Maybe you have some helpful hints for me on this card.  They are welcome.
~Julie

0 comments:

Follow Me

JoolieSews Facebook JoolieSews Etsy Julies Pinterest Contact Me

JoolieSews on FaceBook

JoolieSews on FaceBook
Come Join the Group

Followers

Subscribe via email



SVG Cuts

I love their files and tutorials.

Visitor Counter