Cute Knitted Teddy

I have finished another toy.  This one is a Teddy Bear by The Twins Ala & Ela.  This is the Faye Bear.  He is a little cutie and this is the second time I have knitted him.  This time in different colors and yarn than I used the last time.  I used Knit Picks Shine Yarn.  It is a sport weight.  I find that my gauge comes out when I use this yarn in place of the DK weight so often required it many of my favorite designers patterns.  Okay, I really love this yarn also because it is sooooooo soft.  Of course I always wish for more colors available, just like in the comfy yarn, which I love to!  Again like most of these patterns they are knit on straight needles and I knit them on DP in the round, to save on seaming.  The ears were not knit in the round.  This pattern offers two options for ears.  I used the fancy ones and I think they are adorable.  I did my nose a little different then the pattern and the eyes, I did use yarn, so this can be given to a little person.  Oh I forgot to say I used size US 3 needles.
I also knit a sweater that is in the pattern.  I found that getting it over his head was a little hard so I tore out the sweater and knit it with a little opening in the bag to make it easier, because I wanted to be able to put it on and take it off.  You know I like my bear without his sweater.  You should try this pattern if you like knitting toys.  It goes together very easy and turns out so cute.  You could knit with a heavier yarn to get a bigger bear.  Mine measures 6.5", not including his ears.  The pattern is only $5.00 at their website.  It is one I will knit again, so well worth the cost.  I am not affiliated with them and not paid to say this.  I will report the truth about the patterns I knit, because I think it is great information to pass on and help fellow knitters.  If you have any questions about what I have done, please feel welcome to email me.
~Julie

0 comments:

Follow Me

JoolieSews Facebook JoolieSews Etsy Julies Pinterest Contact Me

JoolieSews on FaceBook

JoolieSews on FaceBook
Come Join the Group

Followers

Subscribe via email



SVG Cuts

I love their files and tutorials.

Visitor Counter