Mr Kitty Book

I have not posted about Mr. Kitty in so long.  Mr. Kitty is doing fine.  He is still King of the Castle.  For Easter I had this idea of a little Photo album for my kids who are all so in love with their Mr. Kitty.  One of them has created a facebook group called Kitty the Magnificiant.  Crazy Kids! 

 Okay I started with the website Treasure Box Designs for my idea.  They sell digi stamps and cricut cutting files (SVG).  The link takes you to the what's new page, if you scroll down you will see a bunny book.
This file can be purchased for $2.00 regular price or it may still be on sale for the $1.20.  While you are there sign up for the newsletter.  Each week they have a freebie design.  Sometimes it is something I like and sometimes it is not.  This last week  they had a free file for an  Easter Chick in this book design as the freebie.  I don't know if you can still get it, but check it out.  I decided to do the chick file and I cut it in gray.  You will need the Sure Cuts Alot or the Make the cut software to get it to your cricut.  When it was in my SCAL software I changed the color of the eyes and nose.  Then I didn't use them, but rubber stamp set I got from Peach Keen Stamps.  They do not have this stamp set anymore, sorry.  I did some shading and coloring with Jelly roll pens and cut ears with scissors from same gray paper.  I then laminated each page.  Here is a couple of tips I learned.  The file you use to cut also has a page you can cut.  I did this in card stock.  You should only put one picture on each page, not one on both sides.  It is to thick for my laminater.  I ran each sheet through 2-3 times and they came out okay, but if you use only one side with a picture much easier.  Also you can put two pictures back to back and no card stock inbetween.  This works also.  I used the page cut out for a template to cut the pictures.  I also trimmed them up a little more than original page because I knew I would be cutting an edge around each laminated picture.  I used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes.
** I will do a product review on some of these items on upcoming posts**
I love the little album idea and they went together quickly.  I made 3 albums, all the same.  I uploaded my pictures to the Walgreen's website and ordered pictures. Then you can pick the store nearest you, to have them waiting.  They even send you an email when they are done.  If you sign up for a email you will be up to date on specials for photos.  You get a professional photo for very inexpensive.  It cost me 3.16 for something like 40 photos.  That is not the cheapest, but that is what happens when you wait til the day before Easter to decided to make the project.  Many times Walgreens have a 50 pictures for 3.00.  One more tip, get extra.  I needed 3 of each photo and I got 4.  That was great because I had a couple of mess ups and this saved me.  I am sure I can do something with the extra pictures.
You know what?  This project was great fun!
~Julie
P.S.
I want to apologize for any misspelled words.  I like using this version of blogger, but I don't see a spell check and I know I make spelling errors, even though I read over my posts.  Please forgive me.

0 comments:

Follow Me

JoolieSews Facebook JoolieSews Etsy Julies Pinterest Contact Me

JoolieSews on FaceBook

JoolieSews on FaceBook
Come Join the Group

Followers

Subscribe via email



SVG Cuts

I love their files and tutorials.

Visitor Counter